HVAC Technology Program Options
The School of Building Technology at PTI offers two programs in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology that can prepare you for an exciting career in HVAC.
Our programs focus on not only theory but also the mechanical aspects of the equipment. We teach our students to be problem solvers because that is the type of graduate the industry is looking for. The companies who hire our graduates tell us that PTI students are highly trained individuals that are an asset to their staff.
- Much of your HVAC training is applicable to finding positions in the Marcellus Shale industry that is a strong growth engine in the area.
- At PTI you will learn from the latest equipment in our HVAC lab.
- PTI trains you for key certifications in the industry including NATE certification and several others.
- The two PTI programs include a strong refrigeration training segment which will prepare you for a career in refrigeration technology should you elect to pursue this direction.
- Our programs teach you both commercial and industrial as well as residential technologies.
- You will get hands–on training from your internship in the field where you will learn first–hand the work skills you will need in your career.
More about this program
EmploymentPTI HVAC Technology graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in the following fields:
- Heating and Air conditioning
- Automotive companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment
Here are some of the skills you will learn in the PTI HVAC programs:
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- Assembly and installation of pipes, ducts, motors, compressors, electronic control devices and thermostats
- Air conditioning and heating concepts and technologies
- Control, treatment and transmission of air flow and controls
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair of heat pumps, high efficiency and standard furnaces, and refrigeration units and air conditioning systems
- Proper techniques of refrigerant recovery, reclaiming and recycling
- Residential and commercial applications
PTI HVAC students are prepared to take certification exams in a number of key certification areas including:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Green Awareness
- Universal R-410A safety Certification
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aquatech International
- Metro Heating and Air Conditioning
- Trane Corporation
- Johnstone Supply
- Air Excellence
- Control Climate Systems
- Premier Heating and Cooling
- Motta Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automotive Logic
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.