The School of Building Technology at PTI offers a certificate in Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning Technology that can prepare you for an exciting career in HVAC.
Our program focuses on not only theory but also the mechanical aspects of the equipment. We teach our students to be problem solvers because that is the type of graduate the industry is looking for. The companies who hire our graduates tell us that PTI students are highly trained individuals that are an asset to their staff.
- Much of your HVAC training is applicable to finding positions in the Marcellus Shale industry that is a strong growth engine in the area.
- At PTI you will learn from the latest equipment in our HVAC lab.
- PTI trains you for key certifications in the industry including NATE certification and several others.
- The PTI program includes a strong refrigeration training segment which will prepare you for a career in refrigeration technology should you elect to pursue this direction.
- Our program teaches you both commercial and industrial as well as residential technologies.
- You will get hands–on training from your internship in the field where you will learn first–hand the work skills you will need in your career.
More about this program
EmploymentPTI is proud to have a 93% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with an HVAC Technology Degree.PTI HVAC Technology graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in the following fields:
- Heating and Air conditioning
- Automotive companies
- Manufacturing companies
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment
Here are some of the skills you will learn in the PTI HVAC program:
- Problem Solving and troubleshooting
- Assembly and installation of pipes, ducts, motors, compressors, electronic control devices and thermostats
- Air conditioning and heating concepts and technologies
- Control, treatment and transmission of air flow and controls
- Installation, troubleshooting and repair of heat pumps, high efficiency and standard furnaces, and refrigeration units and air conditioning systems
- Proper techniques of refrigerant recovery, reclaiming and recycling
- Residential and commercial applications
PTI HVAC students are prepared to take certification exams in a number of key certification areas including:
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) 608
- Industry Competency Exam (ICE)
- Green Awareness
- Universal R-410A safety Certification
- North American Technician Excellence (NATE) Certification
- Blueprints and Metal Fabrications
- Certification Preparations
- Chiller Systems
- Commercial Refrigeration
- Customer Service for HVAC Professionals
- Fundamentals of Electricity
- Heating Systems 1
- Heating Systems 2
- HVAC-R Controls
- Load Calculations and Psychometrics
- Math for HVAC
- Residential Refrigeration
- Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Water Heat Systems
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aquatech International
- Metro Heating and Air Conditioning
- Trane Corporation
- Johnstone Supply
- Air Excellence
- Control Climate Systems
- Premier Heating and Cooling
- Motta Heating and Air Conditioning
- Automotive Logic
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: