Opportunities in nursing will continue to grow as medical advancements help people live longer.
PTI's PRACTICAL NURSING program combines discussions, lectures and hands-on training in a state-of-the-industry laboratory and clinical classrooms where students can develop the skills needed to stand out in the job market and make a difference in patients' lives.
- You will regularly learn in PTI's state-of-the-industry simulation lab where you will work with the latest equipment and technology providing hands-on practice with the tools you will use in your nursing career.
- Our programs include management instruction so you will be prepared to lead a department as you progress in your career.
- Many graduates begin their career in senior care so this is a focus throughout your PTI training.
- You will work in a nurturing environment with experienced instructors and student advisors. Our small class sizes mean you get the individual attention you need.
- PTI students learn the science of nursing with classes that are building blocks to lifelong learning. Articulation agreements with several colleges open doors to nursing education should you decide to pursue your associate or bachelors degree.
The Practical Nursing Certificate Program is accredited through fall 2018 by the by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. (404) 975-5000. www.acenursing.org
More about this program
- Administering medications
- Administering oxygen therapy
- Changing Dressings
- Completing comprehensive physical assessments
- Performing CPR
- Performing venipuncture to administer or withdraw fluids
- Positioning, transferring and ambulation patients
- Preparing and maintaining a sterile environment
- Preventing and treating infections
- Providing range-of motion exercises
- Providing skin care, catheter care and catheter care
- Taking vital signs
Graduates of PTI's practical nursing program sit for the NCLEX-PN exam. At PTI we will arrange for your clinical instruction at one of several of our partners such as:
- Kindred Hospital
- UPMC Magee Women's Hospital
- Kane Regional Centers
- KinderCare Learning Centers
- HCR ManorCare, Greentree
- Cranberry Place
- The Children's Home & Lemieux Family Center
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
- Anatomy and Physiology Lab 1 and 2
- Foundations of Nursing 1 and 2
- Gerontology and Nursing Practice
- Microbiology Lab
- Nursing Across the Lifespan 1 and 2
- Pharmacology in Nursing
- Psychosocial and Psychiatric Issues
- Transitions into Nursing Practice
PTI Practical Nursing graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Community Health Centers
- Urgent Care Centers
- Government Agencies
- Home Health Services
- Long Term Care Facilities
- Outpatient Centers
- Physician's Offices
- Public Health Departments
- Rehabilitation Centers
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Hawthorne Woods
- HRC Manorcare
- Lancaster Manor Rehabilitation Center
- Manorcare Sky Vue Terrace
- Masonic Village at Sewickley
- Uniontown Hospital
- UPMC Cranberry Place
Applicants for the Practical Nursing program must pass several requirements: Act 33 Child Abuse History Clearance, Act 34 Request for Criminal Record Check, Act 73 FBI Criminal Background Check and Fingerprinting, Initial Health Evaluation Form, Professional Rescuer CPR Certification, Random Drug Screening ($60), Critical Thinking exam and Reading Comprehension exam. Some employers may require a background check or drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: