Network Security and Computer Forensics
Securing and protecting a company's information resources is fast becoming a very important area of information technology.
At PTI you will build on core IT courses then specialize in learning security practices and intrusion protection. The PTI program teaches systems implementation as well as steps to detect security challenges. PTI students get in-field, hands-on training with industry professionals to further sharpen their skills.
- At PTI you will learn the latest software and technology that can prepare you for a career in the IT field.
- The PTI program includes an internship where you will learn from industry professionals key aspects of real world information technology.
- PTI begins with a series of courses that are essential in Information Technology. Then you may select either Network Security and Computer Forensics or
- Network Administration to continue on with your chosen field of study.
- The program is designed to prepare you beyond the entry-level IT field with courseware and content that industry is looking for.
- PTI has an Advisory Board of professionals in the IT field that keeps our programs relevant and opens doors into the professional community for our students.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with an Information Technology Degree with a concentration in Network Security and Computer Forensics.
PTI Network Security and Computer Forensics graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Chemical Companies
- Consulting Companies
- Government Agencies
- Insurance Companies
- Internet Companies
- Retail Chains
In the PTI Network Security and Computer Forensics program you will learn key skills such as:
- Computer crime date recovery and analysis
- Computer security systems and device implementation
- Evidence collection and computer crime investigation
- Information system security practices, design and implementation
- Network intrusion detection and defense architectures
- Certifications are available for select courses and students are encouraged to complete several professional certifications while enrolled at PTI that will be paid for 100% if successfully passed.
- Students who are interested in Network Security and Computer Forensics must meet with their Department Chair to discuss entry into the program and pass the required background check.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY CORE
- Database Development
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Hardware Technology 1
- Information Security 1
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Networking 1 and 2
- Network Operating Systems 1, 2, and 3
- Server Applications
NETWORK SECURITY AND COMPUTER FORENSICS COURSES
- Digital Forensics
- Ethical Hacking
- Information Security 2
- Information System Auditing
- Regulatory Compliance
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations
- Leadership Principles*
- Personal Finance*
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- II-VI Incorporated
- Chatham University
- Comcast Corporation
- Dick's Sporting Goods
- Dollar Bank
- Heartland Homes
- McKesson Automation
- NetServe 365
- ServeNet Technologies
- UPMC Data Communications
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.