Network administration professionals are core members of a company's information technology department who install software and hardware and keep IT systems running smoothly.
At PTI, you will learn about computer hardware and software installation and support and how systems are designed and configured, plus get hands-on experience using today's business systems.
- At PTI you will learn the latest software and technology that can prepare you for a career in the IT field.
- The PTI program includes an internship where you will learn from industry professionals key aspects of real world information technology.
- PTI begins with a series of courses that are essential in Information Technology. Then you may select either Network Security and Computer Forensics or
- Network Administration to continue on with your chosen field of study.
- The program is designed to prepare you beyond the entry-level IT field with courseware and content that industry is looking for.
- PTI has an Advisory Board of professionals in the IT field that keeps our programs relevant and opens doors into the professional community for our students.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 95% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with an Information Technology Degree with a concentration in Network Administration.
PTI Network Administration graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Insurance companies
- Retail chains
- Government organizations
- Manufacturing companies
- Telecommunication companies
In the PTI Network Administration program you will learn key skills such as:
- Computer hardware and software installation and support
- Computer network support and maintenance
- Hands-on experience using the hardware and software that you will use in your Network Administration career
- How business systems are designed and configured
- Network communications configuration and device installation
- Systems including Windows 2003 and 2008, LINUX and CISCO IOS
- Working with PCs and MACs, hubs, switches and routers, patch panels, and cabling devices
Certifications are available for select courses and students are encouraged to complete several professional certifications while enrolled at PTI that will be paid for 100% if successfully passed.
Information Technology Core
- Database Development
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Hardware Technology 1
- Information Security 1
- Introduction to Information Technology
- Networking 1 and 2
- Network Operating Systems 1, 2, and 3
- Server Applications
- Network Administration Concentration Courses
- Client Applications Support
- Enterprise Systems Deployment
- Information Systems Administration
- Network Infrastructures
- Technical Support and Customer Services
General Education Courses
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- Elective — 1
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations
- Leadership Principles
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
- PTI Network Administration students receive additional hands-on experience during their in-field internship.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Armstrong Cable
- Assurant Health
- Grane Healthcare
- Ideal Integration
- iMortgage Services
- Management Science Associates
- Net Xperts
- PC Network Services
- UPMC Physician Services
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: