Travel and Tourism Management
The hospitality industry offers a serious career path for individuals with meticulous attention to detail and a focus on customer service who want to put their mark on the guest experience.
A PTI degree in Hospitality Management will train you for a number of positions in the hospitality industry. Career paths include careers in hotels and resorts, convention services, casinos, travel services, real estate development projects, and restaurants.
At PTI you can select from two key Hospitality Programs that can prepare you for a number of careers in the industry.
You will learn from faculty who have worked in the industry and will share real world experiences.
PTI Hospitality students research, plan and visit a tourist destination where you will get behind the scenes experience at interesting travel sites.
Students prepare a Travelogue presentation showing highlights from their familiarization trips.
PTI has an extensive staff of career services professionals to assist you in starting your career in the hospitality industry.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 90% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Degree in Travel and Tourism.
PTI Travel and Tourism Management graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Travel Agencies
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Property Management Companies
- Uniform Service Companies
- Country Clubs
- Community Health Centers
In the PTI Travel and Tourism Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Using the SABRE reservation system
- Cooking accommodations and rentals
- Sales and customer service
- Planning and organizing special events
- Decision making and problem solving
- Guest registration and check – out procedures
- Team work skills
- Emergency planning
- Automated office procedures
- Destination Geography
- Computerized Reservations
- Security and loss prevention management
- Rail and Motor Coach Reservations
- Resort Management
- Request for Proposal
- Tour Operations
- Hospitality Accounting
- Cash Handling
- Travel and Tourism Management Students learn the SABRE and Advanced SABRE Systems
PTI is an academic partner with the National Restaurant Association and the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
HOSPITALITY CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Hospitality Supervision (EI)
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Hospitality
- Introduction to Reservations
TRAVEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Financial Accounting 1
- Dynamics of Tourism
- Global Distribution Systems 1 and 2 (SABRE)
- International Travel
- Marketing and Selling the Travel Product
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Tourism and the Corporate Environment
- Travelogue Presentation
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Diversity
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Leadership Principles*
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
EI Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Walt Disney World
- Hyatt Regency
- Red Roof Inn
- Residence Inn
- Treesdale Golf & Country Club
- MainStay Suites
- Iron Bridge
- Holiday Inn
- Eat'n Park Hospitality Group
- Hampton Inn
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.