The PTI Hospitality Management Degree with a concentration in Restaurant Management combines the fundamentals of business with the hands—on skills of managing a restaurant.
It includes purchasing and hospitality accounting as well as food and beverage management and wines and mixology to prepare you for your restaurant management career.
- At PTI you can select from three Hospitality Programs that can prepare you for a number of careers in the industry.
- You will learn from faculty who have worked in the industry and will share real world experiences.
- PTI Hospitality students research, plan and visit a tourist destination where you will get behind the scenes experience at interesting travel sites.
- Students prepare a Travelogue presentation showing highlights from their familiarization trips.
- PTI has an extensive staff of career services professionals to assist you in starting your career in the hospitality industry.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Degree in Restaurant Management.
PTI Restaurant Management graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Country Clubs
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Food Service Suppliers
- Property Management Companies
- Uniform Service Companies
- Universities and School Districts
In the PTI Hotel and Casino Management Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Sales and customer service
- Night Audit
- Planning and organizing special events
- Decision making and problem solving
- Team work skills
- Emergency planning
- Automated office procedures
- Banquet management and catering
- Menu planning and design
- Destination Geography
- Computerized Reservations
- Safety and Sanitation Procedures
- Security and loss prevention management
- Resort Management
- Responsible Alcohol Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Cash Handling
Students train for and can earn certificates in:
- Training in Intervention Procedures (TIPS) from Health Foundation Inc
- Manage First from the National Restaurant Association
- ServSafe from the National Restaurant Association
- Hospitality Supervision from the Educational Institute from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
- Purchasing for Food Service from the Educational Institute from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
- Food and Beverage Management from the Educational Institute from the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
- Hospitality Accounting from the Educational Institute from the American Hotel Lodging Association (EI)
PTI is an academic partner with the National Restaurant Association and the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
HOSPITALITY CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Food and Beverage Management *(EI)
- Hospitality Supervision *(EI)
- Introduction to Reservations
- Introduction to the Hotel and Casino Industry
RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Business Law
- Club and Restaurant Management *NRA
- Culinary Elements of Wines and Spirits
- Fundamental Concepts of Cooking and Sanitation *NRA
- Hospitality Accounting *(EI)
- Marketing and Selling the Travel Product
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Nutrition and Menu Planning *NRA
- Purchasing and Cost Control *(EI)
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Travelogue Presentation
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Diversity
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Leadership Principles*
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
EI Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, NRA National Restaurant Association
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Eat ‘n Park Hospitality Group
- Holiday Inn
- Hyatt Regency
- Iron Bridge
- Nemacolin Woodlands Resort
- Olive Garden Restaurant
- Outback Steakhouse
- Treesdale Golf & Country Club
- Walt Disney World
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.