Hotel and Restaurant Management
The hospitality industry offers a serious career path for individuals with meticulous attention to detail and a focus on customer service who want to put their mark on the guest experience.
A PTI degree in Hospitality Management will train you for a number of positions in the hospitality industry. Career paths include careers in hotels and resorts, convention services, travel services, real estate development projects, and restaurants.
- At PTI you can select from two Hospitality Programs that can prepare you for a number of exciting careers in the industry.
- You will learn from faculty who have worked in the industry and will share real world experiences.
- PTI Hospitality students research, plan and visit a tourist destination where you will get behind the scenes experience at interesting travel sites.
- Students prepare a major Travelogue presentation open to the public and industry professionals showcasing highlights from their familiarization trips.
- PTI has an extensive staff of career services professionals to assist you in starting your career in the hospitality industry.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Degree in Hotel and Restaurant Management.
PTI Hotel and Restaurant Management graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Travel Agencies
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Property Management Companies
- Uniform Service Companies
- Country Clubs
- Community Health Centers
In the PTI Hotel and Restaurant Management Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Sales and customer service
- Night Audit and financial management
- Planning and organizing special events
- Decision making and problem solving
- Guest registration and check–out procedures
- Emergency planning
- Automated office procedures
- Banquet management and catering
- Menu planning and design
- Computerized Reservations
- Security and loss prevention management
- Resort Management
- Rooms and Facilities Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Cash Handling
Hotel and Restaurant Management Students train for and can earn certificates in:
- Hospitality Supervision
- Resort Management
- Front Office Procedures
- Food and Beverage Management
- Facility Management and Design
And certificates from the National Restaurant Association in:
- Club and Restaurant Management
PTI is an academic partner with the National Restaurant Association and the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI)
HOSPITALITY CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Food and Beverage Management *(EI)
- Hospitality Supervision *(EI)
- Introduction to Business
- Introduction to Hospitality
HOTEL AND RESTAURANT MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Financial Accounting 1
- Food & Beverage Management 2
- Front Office Procedures 1 *EI
- Marketing and Selling the Travel Product
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Purchasing & Cost Controls
- Resort Management *EI
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Travelogue Presentation
- Wines & Mixology
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Diversity
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Leadership Principles
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
EI Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Walt Disney World
- Hyatt Regency
- Red Roof Inn
- Residence Inn
- Treesdale Golf & Country Club
- MainStay Suites
- Iron Bridge
- Holiday Inn
- Eat'n Park Hospitality Group
- Hampton Inn
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.