Medical Office Administration
The Medical Office Administration program at PTI provides a wide range of management and customer service skills as they relate to the smooth and efficient operation of a medical office or specialty practice.
Physicians and healthcare professionals depend on their administrative staff for accuracy, compliance and interoffice communications as well as detailed record keeping, scheduling and billing.
- State–of–the–industry lab where you take classes to prepare you for the coordination of front office/back office operation before your internship
- A focused program that provides in–depth front office management skills
- Diagnostic and procedural coding instruction that prepares you to sit for a national medical coding certification exam such as the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered through the American Association of Professional Coders
- A nurturing environment, experienced instructors and student advisors, and small class size mean you can receive the individual attention you need from teachers who know the field first hand.
- Brush–up courses and tutoring sessions help you fine tune your skills and prepare for certificate exams
- CPR and First Aid training – certificate
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Medical Office Administration Degree.
PTI Medical Office Administration graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Ambulatory and Outpatient Facilities
- Diagnostic Clinics
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Insurance Companies
- Long–term Care Facilities
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers and Distributors
- Physician Offices and Specialty Practices
- Transcription Service Companies
In the PTI Medical Office Administration Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Accounting and banking
- Computer technology
- Diagnostic and procedural coding for physicians and hospitals
- Inpatient/outpatient admissions and procedures scheduling
- Insurance claim filing
- Medical record management
- Medical transcription
- Patient data collection
- Patient history and charting
- Patient scheduling and coordination
- Payroll processing
- Telephone techniques
- Third party reimbursement monitoring
- Graduates of PTI's Medical Office program can sit for the CPC, Certified Professional Coder, exam through the American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC).
- Graduates receive CPR and First Aid certifications
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
- Auditing for Physicians and National Certification Exam Preparation
- Chart Abstracting for Physicians and Hospitals
- Communications in Healthcare
- Computer Applications
- Computerized Practice Management and EHR
- Diagnostic Procedural Coding for Physicians 1, 2 and 3
- Disease and Diagnostic Methods
- Foundations of Health Insurance
- Healthcare Delivery in the Medical Office
- Medical Seminar
- Medical Terminology
- Principles of Practice Management 1 and 2
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Principles of Math
- Social Problems
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2 and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aspen Dental
- Children's Community Partners
- Coventry Health Care
- Heritage Valley Business Care
- Preferred Primary Care Physicians
- Robinson OB/GYN Associates
- Silberg Center for Dental Science
- Thorn Run Chiropractic Center
- Universal SmartComp
- UPMC Physician Services
- Virtual Officeware Inc.
Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.