PTI's Medical Assisting program combines superior classroom instruction from industry trained professionals with hands-on experience in our state-of-the-industry lab facilities.
You will learn important clinical and administrative skills that will prepare you for a successful healthcare career. The PTI program prepares you for a number of important exams including the NCCT Phlebotomy Technician Certification exam and the CMA exam.
- You will learn from our state-of-the-industry lab, work with the latest equipment, and develop hands-on skills and confidence in a realistic setting.
- PTI's dual-focus program blends front office management skills and back office clinical skills making you a well-rounded, versatile employee.
- Your venipuncture instruction prepares you for the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT) Phlebotomy Technician Certification exam.
- The PTI Medical Assisting associate degree program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board (MAERB) permitting you to sit for your Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam.
- PTI pays for your CMA exam, provides your review book and schedules review time during Medical Seminar.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 95% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Medical Assisting Degree.
PTI Medical Assisting graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Physician Offices
- Specialty Practices
- Ophthalmologist, Cardiologist, Orthopedist, Urologist, Podiatrist, Chiropractor
- Emergency Care Clinics
- Ambulatory and outpatient facilities
- Insurance companies
- Assisting with Clinical Situations
- Clinical Practice
- Clinical Skills 1 and 2
- Introduction to Healthcare
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Medical Terminology/Anatomy and Physiology in Sickness and Health 1 and 2
- Patient Care Skills 1 and 2
- Patient Psychology
- Phlebotomy and Testing Procedures
Graduates of PTI's Medical Assisting program can sit for the Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) exam and the phlebotomy technician certification exam.
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
- Clinical Techniques 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- CMA Review
- Coding for the Medical Assistant
- Communications in Healthcare
- Computerized Practice Management and EHR
- Diseases and Diagnostic Methods
- Foundations of Health Insurance
- Healthcare Delivery in the Medical Office
- Medical Laboratory
- Medical Seminar
- Medical Terminology
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Diversity
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2 and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Carnegie Pediatrics
- First Steps Pediatrics
- Medical Group Robinson
- North Hills Internal Medicine
- Pine Grove Ambulatory Associates
- Pittsburgh Medical Associates
- Preferred Primary Care Physicians
- Premier Medical Associates
- Sewickley Medical Oncology and Hematology
- UPMC Magee Women's Hospital
- Valley Gastroenterology
- West Allegheny Healthcare Services
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.