Electronics Engineering Technology
Concentrations within this Program
The PTI Electronics Engineering Technology program is designed to provide you with the fundamentals of electricity and electronics as well as knowledge in digital circuits, electronic systems, industrial controls and troubleshooting.
Three dedicated electronics labs provide students with an immersive, hands-on learning experience leading to the industry internship.
- PTI's Electronics program focuses on troubleshooting. Companies who hire our graduates tell us that PTI students hit the ground running.
- The Electronics program at PTI prepares you for the opportunity to test for industry certification: the Certified Electronics Technician (CETa) makes you more marketable in the field.
- You will be taught by instructors who have worked or continue to work in the field and understand what it takes to be successful.
- PTI has an advisory board of electronics professionals that guides curriculum so you learn what industry is looking for and what you need to succeed.
- An Electronics Lab, an Electronics Communications Lab and a Process Control Lab are dedicated to hands-on learning. Electronics students also learn residential cabling techniques in the Smart Building Technology Lab.
- PTI's program includes training that is transferable to the Marcellus Shale industry.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with an Electronics Engineering Technology Degree.
PTI Electronics Engineering Technology graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Amusement companies
- Audio/video manufacturers and installers
- Equipment manufacturers
- Federal government
- Industrial corporations
- Media researchers
- Service centers
In the PTI Electronics Engineering Technology program you will learn key skills such as:
- Basic digital logic functions
- Basic microcontrollers
- Building an electronic kit
- Checking calibration of equipment
- Circuit analysis and repair
- Color codes
- Component identification, operation, and testing
- Construction of electronic circuits and electronic connectors
- Cross-referencing of components
- Digital communication
- Improving customer relations
- Industrial controls
- Making an effective presentation
- Mathematical computations using a scientific calculator
- Problem solving as part of a team
- Reading schematic diagrams
- Robotic control
- Safety procedures
- Use of hand tools and test equipment
- Wireless communication systems
PTI's program prepares you for certifications in:
- Certified Electronics Technician (CETa) Exam offered by the Electronics Technician Association
- And, at PTI we'll pay for you to take the certification exams.
- Communication Systems
- Computer and Network Systems
- Control System Electronics
- Digital Electronics
- Electronics 1 and 2
- Electronics Devices and Systems
- Math for Electronics
- Structured Wiring
General Education Courses
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Electives — 3
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Physical Science
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
- PTI Electronics Engineering Technology students receive additional hands-on experience during their in-field internship.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Accuspec Electronics
- Advantech US Inc.
- AEI Technologies
- Andrews Industrial Controls
- Consol Energy Inc.
- Draeger Safety Inc.
- Emerson Network Power
- EQT Corp.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Fletcher Industries
- Industrial Scientific
- JH Technical & Data Services Inc.
- JV Electronics
- L-3 Communications & Avionics
- Logi-Tec Inc.
- Micron Technology
- Mine Safety Appliances
- North American Communications
- Ohm Labs
- Pioneer Microsystems, inc.
- Process Instruments Inc.
- Rebco Inc.
- Scantron Robotics
- Seegrid Corporation
- Siemens USA
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: