Web Design/Development - Multimedia Technologies
PTI's program in Web Interactive Design combines advanced technology with multimedia delivery for the web.
You will learn both website design and multimedia development as well as color theory, motion graphics, and interface design for careers in both the web and multimedia arenas.
- You will learn in PTI's state of the industry 2,400 square foot Multimedia Studio featuring 2 sound studios, 4 sound-proofed recording booths, and control room. These facilities promote hands on creativity and is a student hub for experimentation and innovation.
- You will be taught state-of-the-industry software like Premiere, Mudbox, After Effects, Photoshop, and 3ds Max for video and Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and WAMP for web.
- Video/3D students experience hands-on production that takes you out of the classroom to benefit from real-world challenges with an emphasis on large-scale productions.
More about this program
In the PTI Web/Interactive Design Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Website Design
- Code for screen delivery
- Design and animation
- Dynamic storage
- Front end usability
- Industry relevant code
- Mobile applications
- Motion graphics
- Navigation fundamentals
- Screen design
WEB DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
- Advanced Multimedia Technologies
- Client Side Web Development
- Color Theory and Techniques
- Computer Illustration
- Digital Imaging
- Drawing Fundamentals
- Dynamic Content Management
- Interactive Design
- Interactive Development
- Interactive Media
- Introduction to Media Technologies
- Media Design
- Motion Graphics 1
- Multimedia Delivery for the Web
- Server Side Scripting
- Web Authoring Design
- Web/Interactive Portfolio Development
- Web/Interactive Senior Project
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Art History
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Personal Finance
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI Web/Interactive graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Advertising agencies
- Broadcast media
- Design/development studios
- E-learning companies
- Interactive agencies
- Motion picture companies
- Post-production companies
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Atlas Design Group
- Batpack Studios
- Disney Worldwide Services
- Higher Images, Inc.
- Information Solutions & Management, Inc.
- Kolano Design
- MARC USA
- Media Genius
- Michael Baker Corp.
- Mind Matrix
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- SMARTSolution Technologies, L.P.
- Specialty Piping
- WG Tomko, Inc.
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Applicants for the Multimedia Technologies program must meet specific entrance requirements.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.