PTI has developed a unique, new Multimedia program to teach the dynamic skills needed for the exciting field of commercial videography.
You will learn hands-on skills in cinematography, audio production, motion graphics and advanced skills in editing and visual effects.
- You will learn in PTI's state of the industry 2,400 square foot Multimedia Studio featuring 2 sound studios, 4 sound-proofed recording booths, and control room. These facilities promote hands on creativity and is a student hub for experimentation and innovation.
- You will be taught state-of-the-industry software including Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Speed Grade, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- Video Production students experience hands-on production that takes you out of the classroom to benefit from real-world challenges with an emphasis on large-scale productions.
- You will recieve hands-on training with professional grade cameras, lighting equipment, jib arms, dollies, DSLR follow focus units and other modern equipment.
More about this program
In the PTI Video Production Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Lighting and studio recording
- Audio and video production
- Assembling video, animations, music and sound into finished presentations
- Motion Graphics
- Audio Mixing
- Studio and field camera operation
- Streaming and podcasting
- Video Editing
- Visual Effects
- Streaming and Podcasing
- Audio Production 1
- Audio Production 2
- Audio Production 3
- Audio Production 4
- Audio/Video Editing 1 & 2
- Advanced Editing
- Advanced Visual Effects
- Design Concepts
- Digital Design
- Intro to Post Production
- Motion Graphics 1 & 2
- Video Portfolio Development
- Video Senior Project
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Art History
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Personal Finance
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI Video Production graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Mid-sized corporations
- Advertising agencies
- Broadcast media
- Design/development studios
- E-learning companies
- Interactive agencies
- Motion picture companies
- Post-production companies
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Blackwater video
- Carnegie Mellon University Entertainment Technology Center
- Cornerstone Television
- Disney Worldwide Services KDKA-TV
- Ferencik Films
- MARC USA
- Military Family Network
- Pittsburgh Steelers
- Vendetti Studios
- Veritas Legal Services
- WG Tomko, Inc.
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
- Applicants for the Multimedia Technologies program must meet specific entrance requirements.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.