PTI has developed a program in Video 3D Design to prepare students with an interest in the video arts to specialize in this dynamic field.
You will learn 3D animation, audio production, motion graphics and advanced skills in editing and visual effects.
- You will learn in PTI's state of the industry 2,400 square foot Multimedia Studio featuring 2 sound studios, 4 sound-proofed recording booths, and control room. These facilities promote hands on creativity and is a student hub for experimentation and innovation.
- You will be taught state-of-the-industry software like Premiere, Mudbox, After Effects, Photoshop, and 3ds Max for video and Dreamweaver, Flash, Illustrator and WAMP for web.
- Video/3D students experience hands-on production that takes you out of the classroom to benefit from real-world challenges with an emphasis on large-scale productions.
More about this program
In the PTI Video/3D Design Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Audio and video production
- Motion Graphics
- Sound Editing
- Soundtrack selection
- Video Editing
- Visual Effects
Video/3D Design Courses
- 3-D Media Animation
- 3-D Animation
- 3-D Modeling and Rendering
- Audio Production
- Audio/Video Editing
- Advanced Editing
- Advanced Visual Effects
- Color Theory and Techniques
- Motion Graphics 1
- Motion Graphics 2
- Multimedia Design
- Multimedia Portfolio
- Senior Project
General Education Courses
- Art History
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- Elective – 1
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
- PTI Multimedia students receive additional hands–on experience during their in–field internship.
PTI Video/3D Design graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Advertising agencies
- Broadcast media
- Design/development studios
- E-learning companies
- Interactive agencies
- Motion picture companies
- Post-production companies
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Blackwater video
- BluMars Media
- Carnegie Mellon University Entertainment Technology Center
- Cornerstone Television
- Disney Worldwide Services KDKA-TV
- MARC USA
- Media Genius
- Mind Matrix
- Opus One Productions — Mr. Smalls
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- WG Tomko, Inc.
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
- Applicants for the Multimedia Technologies program must meet specific entrance requirements.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
Related Occupational Titles: click link for details
Program Information for 2012/13:
- Program Tuition and Fees: $44,820
- Estimated Cost of Books and Supplies: $2,600
- Housing Cost for 12 month agreement (excludes food): $7,500-$8,460
- On-Time Graduation Rate for 11/12: 68%
- Percentage of Available Graduates Working in Their Field of Study for 2011: 68%
- Percentage of Graduates Working Part-time for 2011: 40%
- Average Salary of Graduates Employed Full-time for 2011: $29,357
- Title IV Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $22,259
- Institutional Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $0