The graphic design program at PTI has been created to help you launch your career.
You will learn the industry–related skills and techniques of computer graphics, electronic imaging and commercial production in addition to utilizing scanners, digital cameras and computer–based hardware. In your classes, you will gain an understanding of color and composition, design and typography, and effective problem solving.
- At PTI you will learn how to use state of the industry software that will prepare you for the commercial graphic design world
- You will build a portfolio and host your own portfolio show that showcases your design skills and launches your networking with prospective employers.
- You will participate in an internship that will give you invaluable hands on experience on the job.
- PTI graphic design students learn from Instructors who have worked or continue to work in the field of design and understand what it takes to be successful.
- PTI has an advisory board of design professionals that guides curriculum so you learn what industry needs.
- PTI has an extensive staff of career service professionals to assist you in starting your career in graphic design.
More about this program
In the PTI Graphic Design Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Use fundamental design theories to communicate ideas visually
- Operate design software
- Designing and producing annual reports
- Creating brochures
- Making client presentations
- Developing advertisements
- Creating billboards
- Developing Corporate identity packages
- Developing digital and print portfolios
- Creative interactive websites
- Designing web-ready animations
- Advanced Digital Imaging/Production
- Advertising Processes
- Color Theory and Techniques
- Computer Illustration
- Computerized Page Make-Up
- Corporate Design
- Design 1 and 2
- Digital Imaging
- Drawing Fundamentals
- Interactive Multimedia
- Multi-Page Documents
- Portfolio Development 1 and 2
- Portfolio Web Development
- Web Design 1 and 2
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Art History
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Personal Finance
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI Graphic Design graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Advertising agencies
- Graphic art studios
- Architectural Firms
- Art Studios
- Engineering Firms
- Product Design Companies
- Magazines and Newspapers
- Government groups
- Printing companies
- Web design businesses
- Corporate design departments
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Carnegie Museum of Art
- Dick's Clothing & Sporting Goods
- Forever Broadcasting, Inc.
- Herald Star
- IN Community Magazines
- MARC USA
- Matthews International
- Morning Journal
- Palo Creative
- Pittsburgh Penguins
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
- PPG Industries
- SAE International Trib Total Media, Inc.
- University of California at Berkeley
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Applicants for the Graphic Design program must meet specific entrance requirements.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.