The PTI Program in Mechanical Drafting is designed to prepare you with the skills industry demands.
You will learn key industry standards and important mechanical design software plus get hands–on training strengthened by our internship program.
- PTI offers concentrations in Mechanical Drafting or Architectural which gives you the option of two very marketable career directions.
- Our curriculum is a balance between hands-on education and theory providing you with the skills employers demand.
- PTI teaches not just skills but the ability to know the impact of what you are drafting or designing
- At PTI's CAD program you will learn many important software applications that employers are looking for. You will learn drafting software such as AutoCAD and MicroStation as well as the leading design software most used in industry.
- We teach Mechanical design software such as Creo, SolidWorks, Inventor and Revit Structure.
PTI CAD students find positions in the dynamic Oil & Gas industry working with Process Piping, Electrical and Power Distribution, as well as the Mechanical industries.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Computer Aided Drafting Degree with a concentration in Mechanical Drafting.
PTI Mechanical Drafting graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Architectural firms
- Civil engineering firms
- Environmental engineering firms
- Government contractors
- Manufacturing companies
- Oil and Gas Companies
- Property developers
- Tool designers
In the PTI Computer Aided Drafting Program you will learn key skills such as:
- How to visualize objects in 2D and 3D
- Model and detail parts accurately
- The proper layout for parts and sheets
- How to create assembly and sheet metal drawings
- How to create welding drawings
- The skill of dimensioning both standard and Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
CAD CORE COURSES
- Architectural Drafting 1
- Drafting 1
- Mechanical Drafting 1
- Energy Technology
- Geometric Tolerancing
- Industrial Pipe Drafting
- Mechanical Application Software 1, 2, and 3
- Mechanical Capstone
- Mechanical Drafting 2 and 3
- Statics & Strengths of Materials
- Structural Application Software
- Structural Drafting
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Physical Science*
- Principles of Math
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aker Solutions
- Ansaldo STS
- Babcock & Wilcox
- Bechtel Bettis Inc.
- Calgon Carbon
- Core Furnace Systems
- Digital Tool
- Fedex Ground
- Gateway Engineers
- Hatch Associates Consultants Inc.
- Intrpid Design
- L. Robert Kimball and Associates
- MEDRAD, Inc.
- Specialty Piping
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.