The PTI program in Architectural Drafting is designed to help you prepare for a career as a versatile architectural designer.
You will learn the key standards of the architectural design industry and use the state–of–the–industry architectural design software reinforced by our internship program.
- PTI offers concentrations in Architectural or Mechanical Drafting which gives you the option of two very marketable career directions.
- Our curriculum is a balance between hands-on education and theory providing you with the skills employers demand.
- PTI teaches not just skills but the ability to know the impact of what you are drafting or designing
- At PTI's CAD program you will learn many important software applications that employers are looking for. You will learn drafting software such as AutoCAD and MicroStation as well as the leading design software most used in industry.
- We teach Architectural design software such as Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, Revit Structure and In-Roads.
More about this program
In the PTI Computer Aided Drafting Program you will learn key skills such as:
- How to visualize objects in 2D and 3D
- Building drawing representation including plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules
- The proper layout for parts and sheets
- Material and product knowledge for construction
- Knowledge of codes and how they affect design
- LEED and Sustainability Knowledge
CAD Core Courses
- Architectural Drafting 1
- Drafting 1
- Mechanical Drafting 1
- Architectural Application Software 1
- Architectural Application Software 2
- Architectural Capstone
- Architectural Drafting 2
- Building Systems
- Civil Application Software
- Civil/Topographical Drafting
- Commercial Wiring Systems
- Industrial Pipe Drafting
- Statics & Strengths of Materials
- Structural Application Software
- Structural Drafting
General Education Courses
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Steps to Career Success 1 and 2
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Effective Speech
PTI Architectural Drafting graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Architectural firms
- Civil engineering firms
- Construction companies
- Environmental engineering firms
- Government contractors
- Oil and Gas Companies
- Property developers
- Tool designers
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- American Bridge Company
- Bucyrus International, Inc.
- CH2M Hill
- CJL Engineering
- Chester Engineers
- Custom Industrial Control
- Fedex Ground
- Gateway Engineers
- Hatch Associates Consultants Inc.
- Intrepid Design
- L. Robert Kimball and Associates
- Marc Anthony Construction
- Michael Baker Corp.
- WG Tomko, Inc.
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: