Computer Aided Drafting - CAD
Concentrations within this Program
The PTI Computer Aided Design Program is designed to provide the skills and flexibility necessary to become a skilled CAD operator with potential for success.
It offers the coursework and software utilized in today's constantly changing market. PTI's CAD Program focuses on teaching you to be the strongest possible designer/ drafter by offering a curriculum that helps you enter the workplace capable of meeting the challenges and advances of the profession.
- PTI offers concentrations in Architectural or Mechanical Drafting which gives you the option of two very marketable career directions.
- PTI teaches not just skills but the ability to know the impact of what you are drafting or designing
- Our curriculum is a balance between hands-on education and theory providing you with the skills employers demand.
- In PTI's CAD program you will learn important software applications such as AutoCAD and MicroStation plus Architectural design software such as Revit Architecture, Revit MEP, and In-Roads or Mechanical design software such as Pro-Engineer, SolidWorks and Inventor.
- Mechanical CAD students learn key industry standards such as ANSI, ISO and GD&T.
- You will learn from instructors who have worked or continue to work in the field and understand what it takes to succeed.
More about this program
- How to visualize objects in 2D and 3D
- Building drawing representation including plans, elevations, sections, details and schedules
- The proper layout for parts and sheets
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
Related Occupational Titles: click link for details
- Architectural Drafters - 17-3011.01
- Mechanical Drafters - 17-3013.00
- Electronic Drafters - 17-3012.01
- Electrical Drafters - 17-3012.02
- Civil Drafters - 17-3011.02
- Mapping Technicians - 17-3031.02
- Civil Engineering Technicians - 17-3022.00
Program Information for 2013/14:
- Program Tuition and Fees: $45,730
- Estimated Cost of Books and Supplies: $1,800
- Housing Cost for 12 month agreement (excludes food): $7,500-$8,460
- On-Time Graduation Rate for 11/12: 82%
- Percentage of Available Graduates Working in Their Field of Study for 2011: 97% Percentage of Graduates Working Part-time for 2011: 1%
- Average Salary of Graduates Employed Full-time for 2011: $29,719
- Title IV Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $17,659
- Institutional Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $0