Homeland Security is a top priority throughout the United States and the PTI program addresses this demand with a program of hands–on learning, key certifications, and valuable internship.
- The PTI MILO Range Pro judgmental training system presents interactive use-of force and firearms simulations providing you with realistic virtual training.
- You will learn from Crime scene simulations on campus to develop your hands-on experience.
- Students participate in Field trips to police departments, courthouses, 911 Centers, and other public and private security firms to get a firsthand view of Safety and Security in action.
- The PTI program includes business management courses that prepare you to climb the career ladder.
- You will study with experienced Instructors who have worked or continue to work in the field and understand what it takes to be successful.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 91% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Criminal Justice Degree.
The types of companies that hire Criminal Justice graduates include:
- 911 Call Centers
- Armored Transportation Companies
- Colleges and Universities
- Corrections institutions
- County Government Detective Units
- Drilling Sites
- Emergency Management Businesses
- Energy and Gas Companies
- Gaming Facilities
- Hotels, Resorts, Conference Centers
- Insurance Companies
- Internet Security Companies
- Municipal Courts
- Parks, Plants, Corporate Campuses
- Police Forces
- Prerelease Halfway Houses
- Private Security Companies
- Probation and Parole Offices
- Property Developers
- Protective Services
- Retail Establishments
- State and Federal Courts
- Substance Abuse Centers
- Surveillance Firms
In the PTI Criminal Justice Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Criminal Law
- Basic first aid/CPR/AED
- What Cyber crime entails
- Collecting evidence
- Writing a proper police report
- Constitutional rights of individuals
- Criminal behavior theories
- Employee screening
- Escape techniques
- Footprint casting
- How to conduct a criminal investigation
- How to handle internal and external threats
- Interviewing Techniques
- How to police juveniles
- Injury care
- Levels of proof
- Defensive Tactics
- Police roles and service
- Police technology
- Positioning, cuffing, searching, takedowns
- Probation and prison alternatives
- Security issues related to terrorism
- Sketching and photographing a crime scene
The PTI program prepares you for certifications in:
- You can prepare for Act 235 Certification through a partnership with a local firearms academy in order to earn your certification that permits you to carry a lethal weapon for employment.
- Earn your Public Safety Telecommunicator 1 certification from APCO, the Association of Public Safety Communications Officials; your PSTN (Professional Security Training Network) Supervisor Excellence, a private security certification; and earn your CPR, First Aid, and AED Certificates.
- NIMS National Incident Management System
- Act 235 Certification – OR – Cyber Crime
- Computer Applications
- Criminal Investigations
- Criminal Law
- Criminal Procedure
- Hotel Security *EI
- Introduction to Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Introduction to Homeland Security *NIMS
- Introduction to Policing
- Juvenile Justice
- Modern Corrections Issues
- Principles of EOC/Dispatch *APCO
- Report Writing for Criminal Justice Professionals
- Security and Loss Prevention *PSTN
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Principles of Mathematics
- Social Problems
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
EI Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association, NIMS National Incident Management System, APCO Association of Public Safety Communications Officials, PSTN Professional Security Training Network
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.