The PTI Associate in Business Degree with an Accounting Concentration features a specialization that is designed to provide a solid background in business fundamentals, followed by an in-depth study and application of accounting practices and concepts as they relate to numerous accounting challenges graduates may encounter in today’s dynamic business environment.
Coursework is structured to assist you in the development of your career goals as you acquire the knowledge and skills needed by industry-current accounting professionals.
PTI Students work closely in the field with General Managers and Corporate Director of Marketing to promote local businesses.
- PTI Business Students take field trips to both large and small companies to meet company representatives and get first hand information on the company.
- Business Students organize, promote and run the New to You Professional Dress Sale which helps PTI Students dress professionally for internship and job interviews.
- PTI Business Students run the PTI mobile store to get hands on business experience.
More about this program
PTI is proud to have a 100% employed in field rate for our 2013 graduates with a Business Degree with a concentration in Accounting.
PTI Accounting graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in:
- Computer Services
- Credit and Collections
- Customer Service
- Energy and Utilities
- Healthcare and Medical
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
In the PTI Accounting Administration Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Management skills
- Performing Presentations
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Sales and Promotion Techniques
- Social Responsibility
- Personal and Professional
- Solving Problems
- Dynamic interpersonal skills
- Computer skills and Information Technology
- Accounting skills
- Marketing new products
- Creating a new business
- Business Law
- Creating business spreadsheets
- Database Applications
- PTI is an active member in the American Marketing Association and our students attend regular events to meet industry professionals that can open doors for internships and job placement.
- PTI is active in Alpha Beta Gamma and International Business Honor Society that recognizes and encourages scholarship among two-year college students in business.
BUSINESS CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Mathematics
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATION COURSES
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
- Federal Taxes 1 and 2
- Financial Accounting 1 and 2
- Government and Non-Profit
- Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2
- International Business
- Payroll Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Spreadsheet Applications
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Personal Finance
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
*Course can be replaced by another
approved general education course.
PTI offers a comprehensive Career Services Department with a dedicated staff who will assist you in your career search. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- H. J. Heinz
- H &R Block
- Verizon Wireless
- PNC Bank
- Calgon Carbon Corporation
- Carnegie Science Center
- Digital Picture, Inc.
- Federal Express
- Amcon Office Systems
- American Red Cross
- Beckwith Machinery Co
- General Nutrition Center
- Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.