Medical Office Administration, Online
An industry–current associate degree can open the door to a career as a versatile member of the healthcare team, with an up–to–date knowledge of anatomy and physiology, diseases and diagnostic methods, pharmacology and medical laboratory. In this career–focused curriculum, you will prepare to work in a variety of positions within the field of medical office administration, adept at taking on important responsibilities such as diagnostic and procedural coding for physicians and hospitals, medical record management, patient history and charting and much more.
- Keep a medical office running efficiently and patients content.
- Represent the physician to patients, other medical offices, suppliers and insurance companies.
- Develop in–depth front office management skills.
More about this program
As you study and learn from the experienced healthcare professionals on our faculty, you can acquire the confidence to pursue success your way, because you will be developing a diverse range of applicable knowledge and skills. For example:
In Healthcare Delivery in the Medical Office, you will be introduced to the operating functions and departmental responsibilities in physician offices, clinics, and urgent care centers.
In Medical Law and Ethics, you will study of the laws of the United States as they relate to the health care industry, including discussion of the use of medical records, contracts, liability, patient rights, HIPAA, emergency care, Good Samaritan laws, confidentiality, right to privacy, informed consent laws and the structure of the legal system.
In Medical Seminar, you will explore the role of medical personnel within the framework of the health care profession and the seminar will assist you in the transition from student to health care team member.
You can complete this program and graduate with marketable medical office administration credentials in just 24 months.
The PTI Commitment to Student Success
PTI has an advisory board comprised of healthcare professionals who keep our programs up to date and consistent with the needs of today's employment market.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to sit for a national medical coding certification exam such as the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered through the American Association of Professional Coders.
Career Opportunities in Medical Office Administration
The success of any medical office depends on the compassion, dedication and training of its allied health professionals. With the right knowledge and skills to support your goals and aspirations, you can pursue professional success and satisfaction in:
- Physician Offices and Specialty Practices
- Health maintenance organizations
- Ambulatory and outpatient facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Diagnostic clinics
- Insurance companies
- Transcription service companies
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors
PTI Graduates in the Workforce
As a student at PTI Online, you can tap into all of the support and services you would expect at a well-respected career school. Our Career Services Department is staffed by experienced placement professionals with contacts and connections across the country. PTI Medical Office Administration graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Aspen Dental
- Children's Community Partners
- Coventry Health Care
- Heritage Valley Business Care
- Preferred Primary Care Physicians
- Robinson OB/GYN Associates
- Silberg Center for Dental Science
- Thorn Run Chiropractic Center
- Universal SmartComp
- UPMC Physician Services
- Virtual Officeware Inc.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
Related Occupational Titles: click link for details
- Medical Secretary - 43-6013.00
- Medical Records & Health Information Technicians - 29-2071.00
- Medical Transcriptionists - 31-9094.00
Program Information for 2013/14:
- Program Tuition and Fees: $38,310
- Estimated Cost of Books and Supplies: $3,400
- Housing Cost for 12 month agreement (excludes food): $7,500-$8,460
- On-Time Graduation Rate for 11/12: 90%
- Percentage of Available Graduates Working in Their Field of Study for 2011: 100%
- Percentage of Graduates Working Part-time for 2011: 0%
- Average Salary of Graduates Employed Full-time for 201: $24,012
- Title IV Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $24,015
Institutional Median Loan Debt for 11/12: $0