Medical Office Administration, Online
An industry–current associate degree can open the door to a career as a versatile member of the healthcare team, with an up–to–date knowledge of anatomy and physiology, diseases and diagnostic methods, pharmacology and medical laboratory. In this career–focused curriculum, you will prepare to work in a variety of positions within the field of medical office administration, adept at taking on important responsibilities such as diagnostic and procedural coding for physicians and hospitals, medical record management, patient history and charting and much more.
- Keep a medical office running efficiently and patients content.
- Represent the physician to patients, other medical offices, suppliers and insurance companies.
- Develop in–depth front office management skills.
More about this program
- Anatomy and Physiology 1 and 2
- Auditing for Physicians and National Certification Exam Preparation
- Chart Abstracting for Physicians and Hospitals
- Communications in Healthcare
- Computer Applications
- Computerized Practice Management and EHR
- Diagnostic Procedural Coding for Physicians 1, 2 and 3
- Disease and Diagnostic Methods
- Foundations of Health Insurance
- Healthcare Delivery in the Medical Office
- Medical Seminar
- Medical Terminology
- Principles of Practice Management 1 and 2
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Principles of Math
- Social Problems
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2 and 3
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
The PTI Commitment to Student Success
PTI has an advisory board comprised of healthcare professionals who keep our programs up to date and consistent with the needs of today's employment market.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to sit for a national medical coding certification exam such as the Certified Professional Coder (CPC) exam offered through the American Association of Professional Coders.
Career Opportunities in Medical Office Administration
The success of any medical office depends on the compassion, dedication and training of its allied health professionals. With the right knowledge and skills to support your goals and aspirations, you can pursue professional success and satisfaction in:
- Physician Offices and Specialty Practices
- Health maintenance organizations
- Ambulatory and outpatient facilities
- Long-term care facilities
- Diagnostic clinics
- Insurance companies
- Transcription service companies
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers and distributors
PTI Graduates in the Workforce
As a student at PTI Online, you can tap into all of the support and services you would expect at a well–respected career school. Our Career Services Department is staffed by experienced placement professionals with contacts and connections across the country. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aspen Dental
- Children's Community Partners
- Coventry Health Care
- Heritage Valley Business Care
- Preferred Primary Care Physicians
- Robinson OB/GYN Associates
- Silberg Center for Dental Science
- Thorn Run Chiropractic Center
- Universal SmartComp
- UPMC Physician Services
- Virtual Officeware Inc.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.