Hospitality - Travel and Tourism Management, Online
The hospitality industry offers a serious career path for individuals with meticulous attention to detail and a focus on customer service who want to put their mark on the guest experience.
A PTI Associate in Science Degree in Hospitality Management Administration offers a Travel and Tourism Administration concentration that will train you for a number of positions in the hospitality industry. Career paths include careers in hotels and resorts, convention services, casinos, travel services, real estate development projects, and restaurants.
At PTI you will benefit from courses in Hospitality Supervision and Meeting and Event Planning.
You will learn from faculty who have worked in the industry and will share real-world experiences.
You will learn the dynamics of the SABRE Global reservation system
You will learn the details of both international and domestic travel.
PTI has an extensive staff of career services professionals to assist you in starting your career in the hospitality industry.
More about this program
In the PTI Travel and Tourism Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Sales and customer service
- Computerized Reservations
- Destination Geography
- Request for Proposal preparation
- Planning and organizing special events
- Resort Management
- Hospitality Accounting
- Decision making and problem solving
- Teamwork skills
- Cash Handling
- Automated office procedures
- Using the SABRE reservation system to maintain records, price itineraries, and complete boarding passes.
- Booking accommodations and rentals
- Using industry reference materials
- Travel and Tourism Management students learn the SABRE and Advanced SABRE Systems
PTI is a member of the National Restaurant Association, the Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association (EI), the Greater Pittsburgh Hotel Association, and Skal, an international hospitality organization.
HOSPITALITY CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Food and Beverage Management 1 (EI)
- Hospitality Supervision (EI)
- Introduction to the Hotel and Casino Industry
- Introduction to Reservations
TRAVEL AND TOURISM MANAGEMENT COURSES
- Business Law
- Dynamics of Tourism
- Global Distribution Systems 1 and 2 SABRE
- Hospitality Accounting (EI)
- International Travel
- Marketing and Selling the Travel Product
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Spreadsheet Applications
- Tourism and the Corporate Environment
- Travelogue Presentation
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Cultural Diversity
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Leadership Principles *
- Principles of Mathematics
- Psychology *
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
* Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
EI Educational Institute of the American Hotel & Lodging Association
PTI Travel and Tourism Management graduates are prepared for entry-level positions at:
- Travel Agencies
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Property Management Companies
- Uniform Service Companies
- Country Clubs
- Community Health Centers
As a student of PTI Online, you can tap into all fo the support you would expect at a well-respected career school. Our Career Services Department is staffed by experienced career advisement professionals with contacts and connections across the coutnry. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- American Express
- BCD Travel
- Disney World
- Exceptional Adventures
- Express Jet
- Greater Pittsburgh Travel
- Here to Serve Travel
- Hyatt Place
- Olsen O'Leary Travel
- Residence Inn by Marriott
- Visit Pittsburgh
Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.