Business Administration - Management, Online
The PTI Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration offers a Management concentration that can open the door to exciting opportunities in a broad spectrum of business organizations. In this career–focused curriculum, you will study everything from the basic principles of business to the complexities of management as you prepare for a future in areas as diverse and interesting as Advertising, Banking, Human Resources, International Business, Public Relations, Sales, Sports and Entertainment and many others. Coursework is structured to assist you in the development of your career goals as you acquire the knowledge and skills needed by industry-current management professionals.
- Understand the latest business technology and business principles.
- Develop dynamic interpersonal skills and leadership qualities.
- Become a problem solver with the ability to make decisions and take appropriate actions.
More about this program
In the PTI Management Program, you will learn key skills such as:
- Assessing the correct form of business ownership
- Business Law
- Business Presentations
- Creating a New Business
- Creating Business Spreadsheets
- Critical Thinking
- Database Applications
- Decision Making
- Dynamic interpersonal Communication
- Human Resource Procedures and Skills
- Looking at and Considering Global Strategies
- Personal and Professional Development
- Problem Solving
- Small Business Management Skills
- Social Responsibility in Business
- Using the Computer and Information Technology Fundamentals
- PTI is an active member in the American Marketing Association and our students attend regular events to meet industry professionals that can open doors for internships and job placement.
- PTI is active in Alpha Beta Gamma an International Business Honor Society that recognizes and encourages scholarship among two-year college students in business.
- PTI Partners with the Pittsburgh Social Exchange, which offers a wide variety of events including monthly networking events and an educational lunch & learn series.
PTI Graduates in the Workforce
As a student at PTI Online, you can tap into all of the support and services you would expect at a well–respected career school. Our Career Services Department is staffed by experienced career advisement professionals with contacts and connections across the country. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- #1 Cochran Automotive
- Bank of New York Mellon
- Best Buy
- CBC Innovis
- Center for Organ Recovery & Education – CORE
- Clearfield County Courthouse
- Fairfield Inn by Marriott
- Genesis Medical Associates
- H & R Block
- IBEX Global
- Pittsburgh Pirates
- Rivers Casino
- Verizon Wireless
Some employers may require a background check and drug screening prior to employment.
BUSINESS CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Mathematics
- Advertising & Promotions
- Database Applications for
- Financial Accounting 1 and 2
- Financial Management
- Human Resource Management
- International Business
- Leadership Principles
- Meeting and Event Planning
- Principles of Finance
- Principles of Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Small Business Management
- Spreadsheet Applications
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Personal Finance
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2, and 3
- Career Exploration Capstone
Career Opportunities in Business
American business fuels our $8 billion economy and over 107 million jobs – approximately five out of six jobs in the country. With the right knowledge and skills to support your goals and aspirations, you can pursue professional success and satisfaction in the following industries and sectors:
- Computer Services
- Credit and Collections
- Customer Service
- Energy and Utilities
- Healthcare and Medical
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- International Business
- Public Relations
- Radio and Television
- Sales Management
- Sports and Entertainment
- Travel and Hospitality
- Web Services
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.
Ready to Apply?
Follow these simple steps to get you started.