Business Administration - Accounting, Online
The PTI Associate in Science Degree in Business Administration offers an Accounting Administration Concentration that features a specialization designed to provide a solid background in business fundamentals, followed by an in-depth study and application of accounting practices and concepts as they relate to numerous accounting challenges graduates may encounter in today’s dynamic business environment.
Coursework is structured to assist you in the development of your career goals as you acquire the knowledge and skills needed by industry-current accounting professionals.
- As a PTI Accounting student you will learn the fundamentals of preparing key business financial statements.
- You will spend time mastering business problem-solving techniques
- You will learn accounting procedures for many types of enterprises including for profit, not for profit and government organizations
- You will have the opportunity to learn accounting database applications and accounting technology fundamentals.
More about this program
In the PTI Accounting Administration Program you will learn key skills such as:
- Using QuickBooks for automated accounting procedures
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Depreciation Methods
- Inventory Costing
- Preparing and Calculating Tax Forms
- Calculating a Payroll Register
- Management skills
- Understanding the procedures used in government and non-profit organizations
- Business Presentations
- Critical Thinking
- Decision Making
- Social Responsibility
- Personal and Professional Development
- Problem Solving
- Using the Computer and Information Technology Fundamentals
- Accounting Practices
- Business Law
- Creating business spreadsheets
- PTI is active in the National Bookkeepers Association's (NBA) Bookkeeper Education and Certification Program. Students are prepared to take four core area certification tests and can achieve their Certified Public Bookkeeper (CPB) designation.
- PTI is an active member in the American Marketing Association and our students attend regular events to meet industry professionals that can open doors for internships and job placement.
- PTI is active in Alpha Beta Gamma an International Business Honor Society that recognizes and encourages scholarship among two-year college students in business.
- PTI Partners with the Pittsburgh Social Exchange, which offers a wide variety of events including monthly networking events and an educational lunch & learn series.
BUSINESS CORE COURSES
- Computer Applications
- Introduction to Business
- Principles of Mathematics
ACCOUNTING ADMINISTRATION COURSES
- Accounting Information Systems
- Business Law
- Federal Taxes 1 and 2
- Financial Accounting 1 and 2
- Government and Non-Profit Accounting
- Intermediate Accounting 1 and 2
- International Business
- Payroll Accounting
- Principles of Management
- Spreadsheet Applications
GENERAL EDUCATION COURSES
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- Effective Speech
- English Composition 1 and 2
- Human Relations in Organizations*
- Steps to Career Success 1, 2 and 3
- Personal Finance
*Course can be replaced by another approved general education course.
Career Opportunities in Business
American business fuels our $8 billion economy and over 107 million jobs - approximately five out of six jobs in the country. With the right knowledge and skills to support your goals and aspirations, you can pursue professional success and satisfaction in the following industries and sectors.
PTI Accounting graduates are prepared for entry-level positions in:
- Computer Services
- Credit and Collections
- Customer Service
- Energy and Utilities
- Healthcare and Medical
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
As a student at PTI Online, you can tap into all of the support you would expect at a well-respected career school. Our career services department is staffed by experienced career advisement professionals with contacts and connections across the country. Companies that have previously hired PTI graduates include:
- Aker Solutions
- Bolsan Company Inc.
- Brookline Boulevard Inc.
- CBC Innovis
- H & R Block
- Henderson Fluid Power, LLC
- Huntingdon National Bank
- Kelm Oil Company
- Keystone Closing Services
- Mercy Surgical Dressing Group
- Seegrid Corporation
- Sunrise Accounting
- Wolfpac Technologies
Tuition, Loan Debt & Graduate Information
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below:
Request More Information
Stay up-to-date with everything that goes on at PTI in our monthly newsletter.
We will not sell or distribute your e-mail. To unsubscribe, use the link provided in all e-news communications.