Visions and Voices
About Visions and Voices
To recognize the extraordinary talents of high school students in Pennsylvania and surrounding states and to provide these exceptional individuals a gallery venue to exhibit their work, PTI introduced Visions and Voices more than ten years ago. Since its inception, the show has grown in size and scope permitting more students the chance to showcase their artwork, photography, filmaking, drafting and interactive design. In 2011, PTI added scholarship opportunities for Visions and Voices participants.
PTI continues its tradition of using outside professionals and PTI faculty to judge show entries and determine award recipients in these seven categories: Fine Art 2D, Fine Art 3D, Photography, Graphic Design, Drafting, Multimedia-Video and Multimedia-Web/Interactive. Top entries in each of these categories receive partial tuition PTI scholarships.
- Best of Show - $12,000
- First Place in Category - $7,000
- Second Place in Category - $5,000
- Third Place in Category - $3,000
- Honorable Mention in Category - $1,500
People's Choice award - $7,000
Steps to enter:
- Complete and submit the registration form below.
- Print and attach your registration to each piece you are submitting.
- Attach a photograph of your entry to each piece you are submitting.
- Mat or mount your two-dimensional entries for hanging or in a simple frame with hanging hardware.
Box and package three-dimensional entries for safe transport and short-term storage.
Post multimedia/video entries on Vimeo or YouTube.
Paste URL (web address) for multimedia/video entries in form below
Note: We recommend your video run less than 5 minutes; only the first few minutes will be judged.
- Paste URL (web address) for multimedia/web entries in form below.
- Post multimedia/video entries on Vimeo or YouTube.
- Send or deliver your entries to PTI's North Fayette Campus no later than March 15, 2014 during the hours of 8am to 5pm,
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Any entries received after the deadline will not be accepted. Any entries not properly labeled or prepared for hanging will not be judged and will not be displayed in the show. Artists are permitted only two entries.
DEADLINE - All entries are due to arrive at PTI by March 15, 2014.
Address for mailing entries:
Visions and Voices 2014
Pittsburgh Technical Institute
1111 McKee Road
Oakdale PA 15071
If you have registered for Visions and Voices and need to have your information sent to you again, click on the link below.
Return of entries:
We encourage all participants to attend the Closing Reception, Saturday, April 12, 2014 11am to 1pm. At the conclusion of the awards presentation and scholarship ceremony, entries can be signed out and taken home by the participant or by the participant's family or high school teacher. PTI agrees to store all remaining pieces for one week after the conclusion of Visions and Voices 2014. Any pieces remaining in short-term storage after April 19, 2014, will be donated to local charities, youth organizations or other recipients unless special arrangements have been made.
Important Dates to Remember:
Registration Opens: January 1, 2014
Delivery Deadline: March 3-15, 2014
Gallery Open to the Public: March 24 through April 11, 2014
Closing Reception and Scholarship Presentations: Saturday, April 12, 2014 11am to 1pm