Spend time on PTI's campus learning about design, criminal justice, medical or technology careers while getting to know other high school students who share your career interests. Spend a bit of your summer having fun while making tracks toward your future. Choose the camp that best matches your talents, passions, and future goals.
Summer Camp 2014
July 28, 29 and 30
Each summer, PTI hosts camps on its North Fayette Campus for high school seniors and recent graduates. Camps such as Camp Patissier, Camp Energy, Camp Design, Camp CSI, Camp Med, Camp Trades and Camp Technology present specific careers by immersing interested students in the technologies and skills fundamental to the field through classroom projects and lab time. In the past, participants have investigated a mock crime scene, drawn blood from a mannequin arm, created an interactive e-advertising campaign, and built a Battle Bot for competition.
What makes PTI's summer camps so special is that students learn alongside other students who share their interests and passions, meet new friends, and experience PTI's campus and student activities through a three-day residential experience. Dates are set for Summer Camp 2014.
- Summer Camps are perfect for 2014 and 2015 high school grads.
Cost: $100. This is due June 30, 2014, to secure your attendance.
Online Payment Center
- Your $100 covers camp registration, hotel accommodations, meals, bus transportation to and from housing and events, entertainment plus everything you need for your career sessions. Pay the Camp fee online.
- 3 Days, 2 Nights of action packed, fun-filled career exploration and activities on PTI's campus.
- Attendees reside at a neighboring hotel.
- Accommodations are air conditioned and include bedding, bath towels, TV, iron and hair dryer.
- Weather permitting, there's swimming, volleyball and a scavenger hunt.
- Items to bring: casual clothes, beach towel and bathing suit, sweatshirt/sweater, personal items.
- Camp provides private bus transportation from hotel accommodations to PTI and all events.
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner plus evening snacks are provided.
Choose from the Following Camps!
- Bread making
- Frozen sorbet and cutout cookie
- Chocolate mousse
- Electronics - Build and battle sumo-bot robots
- Smart Building - Explore the exciting world of green energy
- Oil and Gas - Learn how a natural gas well is created
- Computer Aided Drafting - Students will be shown how today’s software is changing the way industry designs and manufactures products in today’s demanding Mechanical industry. Students will utilize Architectural specific software that is changing the way industry works together in the design and creation of new buildings. Students will simulate the design process by designing, building, and taking the design into a competition.
- Graphic Design - Students will be shown how today’s software is changing the way industry designs and produces printed and web related media.
- Photography - Students will be introduced to the inner workings of photography, learning the importance of proper lighting and shutter speeds in the creation of impactful and dramatic photographs.
- Web/Interactive Design Video/3D Design - Students will be shown how the web has integrated into today’s lifestyles and be shown how to program and create media for both work environments and home use.
- Video/3D Design - Students will be introduced to the inner workings of a green screen studio, learning what all is needed to succeed in this demanding yet exciting industry.
- Screen Printing - Students will learning how to create a screen-print, creating personalized T-shirts of their experience during their summer camp experience.
- Process a simulated crime scene
- Use the MILO, a crime-in-progress simulator
- Make a cast of a footprint
- Detect and lift latent fingerprints
- Use your power of observation
- Solve a mystery
- Role of the surgical technologist in the OR
- Learn the techniques of administering medications and how to measure vital signs
- Massage techniques and modalities
- Basic fundamentals of electricity
- Plasma cutting
- Intro into welding
- Introduction to the Virtual World
- Bytes of Technology Used Today
- 2D and 3D Animations Experience