Admissions & Financial Aid
High School Seniors
PTI Welcomes the Class of gradyear
Congratulations. As you complete your senior year of high school and prepare for the first year of college at PTI, there’s a lot to get done. To help you keep track of opportunities and deadlines, we’ve created this special place on our website just for our gradyear graduates. Here you can find what you need to get ready for the start of class and maybe win a few dollars to pay for your PTI education.
Let’s get Started.
EARLY ADMISSIONS AT PTI
Start with a campus visit to talk to a PTI admissions coordinator. This is when you learn about PTI, our programs, our student services and campus activities. It’s when you can visit our academic buildings, talk about PTI’s residence halls and off-campus apartments, meet students and instructors, and learn about the grants, loans and scholarships that can help you pay for college.
If you believe that PTI could be the right fit, you need to complete these steps:
- Submit your application
- Submit your transcript release form
- If your program requires a background check, submit this form
- Submit your tuition deposit
Complete these four steps successfully by December 1, 2016 and you will earn an Early Admissions Grant.
Ready for more? Here’s how you qualify for the chance to win one of three Early Admissions Scholarships that will be announced December 19, 2016.
- Submit your paragraph explaining “Why it’s important to me to continue my education after high school” by December 1, 2016.
Housing important to you? The Early Admissions program also offers this benefit.
- Submit your $350 housing deposit by March 4, 2017, and PTI's Housing Department will honor your request for either on-campus housing or off-campus housing.
Housing Students – for Your Eyes Only
For some students “living at school” is essential to making the most of the college experience. If you are interested in learning about the three residence halls on PTI’s campus, or the off-campus housing supervised by PTI’s Housing Department, join us for PTI Housing Day.
Our next Housing Day is: (August 6, 2016)
- RSVP with your admissions coordinator by calling 1-800-784-9675.
- Submit your $350 housing deposit
Making the Dollars Work for You
Meeting with one of PTI’s financial aid planners can open doors to federal and state grants and loans and to PTI scholarships and institutional grants. Even if you think you don’t qualify, tap into the expertise of this team of experts who understands the paperwork, timelines and procedures.
- Schedule a first visit with admissions for a preliminary estimate
- Create an FSA ID username and password by visiting fsaid.ed.gov.
Your FSA ID is your legal electronic signature for financial aid purposes.
- Explore PTI scholarships and grants available to the Class of gradyear
- Complete the gradyear/gradyearPlusX FAFSA application after October 1, gradyearPlusX, by visiting www.fafsa.ed.gov.
- Schedule a visit with a PTI financial planner for your personalized financial plan as soon as your taxes are done.
Now it’s time to relax and get ready for the start of school.