PTI has many awards and certifications as an institution.
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
Pittsburgh Technical Institute is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSA), 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, 267.284.5000, (www.msche.org). MSA is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
PTI's Medical Assisting program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assisting Education Review Board, permitting graduates to sit for their certification exam.
PTI's Surgical Technology program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (www.caahep.org) upon the recommendation of the Accreditation Review Council on Education in Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting.
PTI's Therapeutic Massage Practitioner program meets the requirements of an Assigned School for the National Certification Board of Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork.
In 2003, the Pennsylvania Secretary of Education authorized PTI to operate as a college and to award the Associate in Science degree to graduates of approved programs.
- Approved for the training of state rehabilitation students
- Approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) in the Department of Homeland Security
- Approved for the training of veterans and war orphans
- Approved for the training of dislocated workers through CareerLink
- Approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage body Work (MCBTMB)
- Approved as a testing site - the National Center for Competency Testing
- Approved by the Pennsylvania State Nursing Board
- G.I. Jobs designated Pittsburgh Technical Institute a military friendly school placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
- PTI is approved for vocational rehabilitation education under Chapter 31 of the GI Bill.
- PTI participates in the Post 9/11 GI Bill's Yellow Ribbon program.
- PTI has partnered with the American Council on Education and recognizes learning acquired in the military.
- PTI qualifies for MyCAA, a program that provides aid to military spouses.
- PTI is a member of SOC, an organization for servicemembers worldwide.
Pittsburgh Technical Institute is designated a military friendly school by GI Jobs placing the institution in the top 15 percent of colleges and universities nationwide.
PTI is a member of The President's Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll.