It was 8:30 on a Saturday morning and AACA student chef Amanda Shoup was staring into her mystery basket. She had 30 minutes to plan her menu using the contents of that basket, create her timeline, design her plates and mise en place.
AACA Certificate in Culinary Arts
AACA Certificate in Culinary Arts
The Certificate in Culinary Arts at AACA is a 15 month program designed to teach you the fundamental skills of cookery. You will receive hands on training in knife skills, menu planning, intercontinental cuisine, baking and pastry and much more.
Hone your skills under the tutelage of internationally acclaimed Chef Norman Peter Hart, a member of the American Culinary Federation.
Receive hands-on instruction from renowned chefs and instructors in our gleaming new professional kitchens.
- Master the key fundamentals necessary to be a great American Chef.
- Study the world's major cuisines and their influence on the American Culinary scene.
Acquire the knowledge, skills and confidence of a well-trained culinary professional.
You can complete this program and graduate as a technically skilled culinary arts professional in just 15 months.
A Well-Rounded Education
At AACA, you will also receive additional hands-on experience during an in-field internship, a cooperative effort between the Academy and the professional community surrounding our new, industry-standard campus facilities.
American Academy of Culinary Arts is a member of the National Restaurant Association and the American Hotel & Lodging Association.
At PTI's American Academy of Culinary Arts, you can build the knowledge, skills and confidence of a well-trained culinary professional, including:
- Basic knife skills
- The fine art of sauce making
- Principles of nutrition
- Food safety and sanitation
- Planning a healthy menu
- Culinary and baking terminology
- Plate presentation and creativity
- The chemistry of baking
- Matching specific wines to complement certain foods
- Envisioning new concepts in restaurant experiences
- Re-interpret classic recipes with your own deliciously different approach and much more
Upon successful completion of the program, you will be awarded your Certificate of Culinary Arts and be prepared to sit for certification exams in a number of key areas, including sanitation and food safety.
- Advanced Intercontinental Cuisine
- Baking and Pastry Fundamentals
- Club & Restaurant Management
- Culinary Elements of Wines and Spirits
- Effective Kitchen Design Principles
- Fundamental Concepts of Cooking, Sanitation and Safety
- Fundamentals of Classical Cuisine/Garde Manger
- Introduction to Culinary Arts
- Introduction to Fish/Shellfish and Meats
- Nutrition and Menu Planning
- Purchasing and Cost Control
GENERAL EDUCATION/CAREER RELATED
- Career Development
- Critical Thinking
- English Composition 1
- Elective – 1
- Principles of Mathematics
- Steps to Career Success 1
AACA Culinary Arts students
receive additional hands-on
experience during their in-field
The focus of this certificate program is designed to prepare motivated students for a diverse and growing range of careers in kitchens and hospitality institutions, including:
- Country Clubs
- Cruise Ships
- Hotels & Resorts
- Food & Beverage Companies
- Catering Companies
- Grocery Stores
- Hospitals and many others
The culinary field is rich with opportunities, and our Career Services department is ready to help you prepare for an exciting future as:
- Chef de Cuisine
- Kitchen Manager
- Pastry Chef or Patissier
- Sate Chef
- Sous Chef
- Service Manager
- Fry Cook
- Food Stylist
- Chef Saucier and many others
For graduation rates and other important consumer information regarding this program, please click on the link below: