Three Culinary Seniors from the American Academy of Culinary Arts showcased their talents in the senior graduation event Saturday. Sarah Ritchey, Shaun Thompson, and Fa Pham created, cooked and presented dishes of their own design to an admiring crowd of family and guests.
Achieve Success Your Way as you experience college in an atmosphere that's uniquely PTI.
- Student activities and intramural sports are nonstop. Swing by Student Activities, pick up the latest "FYI" newsletter or read it on the student portal, and check out the online student activities calendar to find out what's happening this week. Of course, the posters, banners, and activities TV outside the café will keep you up to date with all that is going on around campus.
- Play basketball or volleyball just by walking outside. Stroll across the parking lot to warm up on the softball field. And there's plenty of green space for a quick game of Hacky Sack or Frisbee.
- Need to speak to an instructor, student advisor, financial aid officer, someone in housing, even the president? We're all here to help and to answer your questions. There are no doors on most offices. Feel free to visit anyone you need to see.
- Students gather in the halls, in the café or student lounge, on the campus lawns, and in the public areas in and around the residence halls to discuss team projects, to plan the latest Humans vs Zombies mission, to prep for on-campus career fairs, and to make plans to keep in touch after graduation.
- Earning your degree at PTI is a quick route to career success, but the friendships and memories you make while you are here last a lifetime.
- If spirituality is an important part of your life, PTI provides on-campus non-denominational services through The Bible Chapel every Sunday and during the week through Bible Study groups and ministry.
- Rushing to make it to class? Worried about finding a parking spot? Not at PTI. Large, free-of-charge parking lots on campus and near housing make it easy for you to jump out of bed and get to class without the hassle of finding convenient parking. Just remember to register your vehicle with the Public Safety Department.
What is there to do on campus? Student activities, sporting events, community service projects, and personal development focus programs provide a wide array of choices. Here are just a few.
Student Activities: Carnival, Swimming Party, Pittsburgh Pirate Outing, Drama Club Productions, Holiday Parties, Paintball, Super Bowl Party, Ski Trip, Mardi Gras Party, Luau and Pig Roast.
Intramural Sports: Softball League, Humans VS. Zombies, Volleyball Tournament, Home Run Derby, Flag Football League, Jumbo Soccer,
Dek Hockey Tournament.
The Pittsburgh Region
PTI's North Fayette campus is nestled on 180 quiet acres perfect for living and learning and situated just minutes from shopping, entertainment, and all that the suburbs and a big city can offer.
Pittsburgh is a vibrant business center with quiet neighborhoods, professional sports teams, arts groups and lively entertainment venues. Areas surrounding the City of Pittsburgh provide additional choices for theater, movies, outlets, picnicking, and recreation. Western Pennsylvania offers many opportunities for exploration and excitement.
PTI's campus is located between downtown Pittsburgh and the Pittsburgh International Airport. It's not unusual to spot deer, geese and turkey on the horizon as you come up the school's driveway. While rural in appearance, students easily can access the attractions of city living. For those PTI students who elect private housing, the central airport corridor location provides many housing choices.